Arinex Pty Ltd is a leading Professional Conference Organiser offering a vast array of related services to its many and varied clients. We are seeking to appoint an experienced professional as
Account Manager, Accommodation. Account Manager, Accommodation provides our international and national conference delegates with a range of suitable hotel options through our hotel partners.
We are looking for the candidate who would like to grow and succeed. You will need to demonstrate a proactive approach to negotiation and management of hotel rooms via external relationships with accommodation providers and demonstrate operational experience in reservations, group reservations and/or revenue management. While you will be reporting to the Business Unit Manager, you should be able to work autonomously and achieve business targets.
Role responsibilities include:
- Research accommodation and provide room block recommendations for assigned conferences
- Negotiate room blocks, contractual terms, conditions and rates with hotels
- Maximise accommodation revenue by increasing the proportion of bookings made through Arinex
- Preparation of rooming lists, amendments and day to day management of conference room blocks
- Contribute towards the Accommodation Business Unit strategic plan
- Preparation of commission reports, conference reports and follow up of outstanding payments
- Provide required training to other Arinex Business Units on Accommodation processes.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have experience in hotel sales and / or reservations. You must also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the accommodation industry
- Experience in reservations, group reservations and or revenue management
- Strong knowledge of hotel room management process and standard hotel policies
- Strong negotiation skills
- Outstanding relationship building abilities
- Be proactive and able to improve business processes
- The ability to work to deadlines & manage multiple tasks effectively
Previous knowledge of Events Pro software would be an advantage.
If you are confident that your skills and experience satisfy the above criteria, and you are interested in becoming a part of a highly respected organisation in a very competitive industry, we look forward to receiving your expressions of interest. Applications should include a cover letter indicating your salary expectations as well as an up-to-date resume.
Reference Number: 1