Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.Booking.com Australia, one of the support companies in Australia, is looking for an Account Manager Hotels.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You support Booking.com BV’s acquisition of new hotels in Australia. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You inform hotels about Booking.com. You provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com’s system. You will assist the Supply Manager Australia on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.This full time position will be based in our Melbourne office.
- Visit the important hotels in Australia;
- Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy for hotel availability and supply within Australia;
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
- Responsible for area coverage;
- Inform hotels and advise on allotment, availability and supply;
- Rate checks and competitor checks;
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
- Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
- Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
- Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Support hotels with regards to Booking.com’s system;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
- Check statistics in the control room and follow up.
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- Fluent English speaker and writer;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver’s license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time;
- You already live in Australia and have a work permit to work in Australia.
To find out about what it is like to work at Booking.com please click
To find out about what it is like working at Booking.com click HERE