Who is Hertz and what do we do?
Hertz started as a 12 car operation in Chicago in 1918, and has since grown into the world’s leading car rental company with offices in 150 countries around the world. The company’s success is testament to the calibre of people it employs – and we’re looking for a WA/NT Area Manager to help travellers from around the world get to where they want to go.
Reporting to the National Operations Manager and based in Perth, the successful applicant will be a motivational leader who constantly exceeds performance targets within a high volume and fast paced environment across multiple sites. We’re looking for an outstanding leader who is dynamic and achievement focused with ambition to succeed in a demanding and fast-paced environment. Leading and managing a team of managers across regions will require you to have exceptional communication skills with an ability to inspire and motivate a large, dispersed and diverse workgroup.
What is this role all about?
- Responsible for multiple renting locations and agencies across the entire WA & NT region
- Ensuring KPI’s and targets are not just achieved but exceeded
- Quality reporting standards and communication with peers and management
- Lead a culture which creates an environment of innovation, development, excellence, teamwork and recognition
- Fiscal accountability including executing to a business plan, strategy and business development
- Facilitate accountability and responsibility to all rental location management teams
- Monitor and deliver the financial performance of each location across key KPI’s
- Ensure that a safety culture is developed and maintained across each location
- Responsible for driving operational excellence and facilitating a customer service standard that is unrivalled in the industry
- Strong mentoring skills to take your direct reports to the next level.
What do we need from you?
- Proven leadership and management experience in multi-location management
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Strong strategic & commercial acumen
- Fiscal responsibility including reading, understanding and being able to positively influence location and region P&L statements
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Passionate leader who can inspire, motivate and develop a high performing team
- Effective decision making and analytical skills
- Customer service orientation
- Articulate, confident in negotiations and a people person
- Solution focused, think on your feet, problem solve autonomously to meet deadlines
What do you get?
- Career progression and development
- Excellent remuneration + bonus + staff benefits
- Fully maintained vehicle
- Unique culture and values
- Autonomous environment
You will enjoy working in this global organisation where there is a genuine opportunity for you to work hard, be rewarded and take your career to the next level. We value our organisations global presence and uniqueness and reward by offering team member discounts, ongoing development and career opportunities within the global Hertz organisation.
Interested applicants should apply no later than
4 November 2015
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted