Are you looking for an exciting opportunity within the Melbourne travel/hospitality/events industry? Do you class yourself as a successful sales and development manager with a detailed and highly proven track record of bringing on new business? My client is a seeking a highly motivated professional to help them achieve their targets and help to establish Melbourne as the place to be! This fantastic opportunity will see the successful candidate working alongside some of the worlds leading professionals and working closely with their overseas offices to help develop international business opportunities for the Victoria state! You will be performing bids and sales activities with a high focus on hospitality events, exhibitions, sporting events and conferences so will need to be a savvy individual with a high passion for development and a keen eye on the hospitality and tourism industry. This is a fantastically entertaining role and will allow you to enjoy a fun filled, hard working and rewarding position!
• To manage a client base of bids at various stages of the process.
• You will be responsible for bids across a wide range of industry sectors.
• On-going development of bid strategies and lobbying
• Hosting of key decision makers and coordinating site visit itineraries
• You will be securing local industry and government support
• Plan, coordinate and conduct sales activities to convert convention leads
• Contribute to the formulation and implementation of sales strategies
• Maintain close liaison with key stakeholders
• Maintain accurate database records
• Maintain and coordinate financial records relating the sales activities for monitoring sales expenditure and revenue
• Ideally the successful candidate will have considerable experience in a similar role
• Minimum three years’ experience in sales account manager role
• Candidate needs to be outgoing and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Due to the nature of the role the candidate will need to have fantastic sales and negotiation skills
• You will need to be flexible and have a willingness to work extended hours
• Extensive knowledge of the Business Events industry
• Tertiary qualifications in sales and marketing or hospitality/tourism
• Initiative, independent judgment in the performance of sales tasks
• Excellent computer software skills
• Preferably but not essential, the candidate will have sales experience in the corporate and association market
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary plus Super, an annual bonus to work towards and company benefits!
Reference Number: 1704DV4