Air Tickets – A Helloworld Group Company.
Due to movements in our Queensland team we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in Brisbane.
About Air Tickets
For over 60 years Air Tickets has been making life easier for Travel Agents and airlines by providing a ‘one-stop shop’ for international fares distribution and ticketing services. Today, Air Tickets is selling airfares on behalf of over 100 international airlines to over 2,500 travel agencies nationally.
At Air Tickets our goal is based on a simple service concept – delivering air tickets quickly, correctly and at the right price.
Reporting to the Queensland State Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining key business relationships. You will have regular contact with your customer portfolio, ensuring they are being serviced in an expert, efficient and value adding manner. You will reinforce strong relationships and rapport, analyse data to identify opportunities and carefully manage customer relationships. To do this you will:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Air Tickets product and services
- Build the profile of Air Tickets within the travel community
- Develop a strong working relationship with preferred airline partners and internal stakeholders
- Identify areas or concern upon data analysis and provide clear solutions
- Source new business opportunities through new travel agents and moving market share from competitors
- Coordinate sales incentives and promotions
- Actively source and provide market intelligence
- Maintain regular face to face contact with travel agent accounts
- Analysis & interpretation of weekly sales data
- Prepare quarterly reviews and targeted action plans
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Facilitate training for travel agency customers in SmartTickets and SmartFares technology developments
- Represent Air Tickets at industry functions and conferences
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated understanding of the travel industry and travel agency operations primarily in relation to air sales & airline pricing
- Ability to build rapport and effectively communicate messages to different stakeholders/audiences
- Comfortable and responsible working remotely away from the office environment
- Proven experience seeking out new business opportunities
- Proven ability to analyse sales data
- Must hold a current open C class driver’s licence at all times whilst in this role (essential for travel to customers across various locations)
- Must be available for duty travel and hold a current Australian passport with six month validity at all-time whilst in this role
As a member of the Helloworld Group – working at Air Tickets will provide you the opportunity to be part of Australia’s leading integrated travel businesses. The group encompasses travel brands providing franchised retail services, wholesale products, specialist government and corporate business travel and ticket distribution services across eight countries.
To apply please send your CV by close of business Friday, 20 November 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.