Carnival Cruise Line is the largest cruise line in the world with over four and a half million guests travelling every year. The cruise line has two ships based in Australia, Carnival Spirit – the largest and newest cruise ship to be based in Sydney year round – and sister ship Carnival Legend, sailing from Sydney each summer. With 45 activities to enjoy each day, both ships offer fun-loving families and couples memorable and great value holidays.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving the sales of Carnival Cruise Line via the trade network across an assigned territory. This will be achieved by building and maintaining strong relationships with Travel Agents in the region, helping them build their Carnival Cruise Line sales through communication of sales tools and current offers and developing marketing programs and sharing best practices.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- build strong and sustainable relationships with agents who already sell Carnival Cruise Line and develop new relationships with agents who have the potential to grow their business
- deliver product education and training sessions to agents within the territory
- create business plans with key agents and high potential agents that help them drive Carnival Cruise Line sales
- drive agents to utilise online training to increase knowledge and understanding of Carnival Cruise Line
- assist with trade functions, product familiarisations and ship walk arounds for agents
With at least 3 years experience in a travel sales position, the successful applicant will demonstrate:
- proven account management and business development skills
- a passion for travel and cruising
- outstanding communication skills, including public speaking, with experience presenting to large groups
- strong relationship building and influencing skills
- self motivation and discipline with the ability to work in a highly autonomous manner
- the ability and willingness to travel frequently across the territory and attend functions on evenings or weekends as required (please note WA is included in the territory, expectation is to visit approximately twice a year)
Most importantly you will bring enthusiasm, passion and a sense of humour to our dynamic team!