As a Content Editor, your main task will be to create commercial content for hotels’ pages on Booking.com, maintain up-to-date information and monitor content quality. You will be in contact with hotels and our Hotels Department on a daily basis in order to validate information and acquire content essentials (photos, room features etc.). It is crucial that you can communicate well in English and are able to convince hotels of the importance of content for increased bookings. Your goal will be to promote each hotel in the most attractive – yet objective and concise – way, in order to persuade people to book hotel rooms through our website. You will also analyze customer reviews and have to adapt quickly to the latest content guidelines. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a good understanding of the hotel industry, a customer mindset and a passion for e-commerce.
This is a full-time position based at our Sydney office. We’ll offer a contract valid until Feb 6th, 2017. This could become a permanent position depending on business needs.
- Create, review and continually improve commercial web-copy that accurately reflects the character and facilities of the hotel, resulting in maximum reservations
- Ensure web page content is maintained to the highest quality standards
- Collect essential hotel content by contacting hotels and the hotels department directly and convincing them of the commercial importance of content
- Day-to-day commercial communication with hotels by telephone and e-mail
- Experience of creating commercial content and writing/editing
- Good face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, basic photo editing and Internet)
- Quick and resourceful desktop researcher
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Customer focused
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- You already have a work permit in Australia.
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.