Our Centurion Members expect the very best – they want personalized, VIP service and they want it delivered during every interaction. At American Express, we provide the ultimate experience in service – meeting the unique needs, desires and aspirations of our Members and exceeding their expectations. Through their Relationship Manager, Centurion Members will have a dedicated point of contact handling all aspects of their Travel, Lifestyle and Card servicing needs.
The Dedicated Travel Agent will provide specialist expertise and knowledge to support the Relationship Manager in meeting and anticipating the Centurion member’s needs. This exciting role marks a strategic shift in how we service our most valued Members. It demonstrates our evolution from reactive servicing towards a proactive, anticipatory approach of serving our Members.
A successful Dedicated Travel Agent has a passion for delivering extraordinary experiences and inspiring our customers. They will have demonstrated an ability to drive exceptional business results while embracing our Extraordinary Care philosophy. Dedicated Travel Agents have unique knowledge of travel destinations and can provide detailed insight into niche travel requests. They will pro-actively make travel and lifestyle recommendations which will enhance the Centurion Member’s journey and provide them with a travel experience to be remembered. They harness their desire to provide an outstanding customer experience and utilize their portfolio knowledge to create pro-active engagement opportunities for the Relationship Managers, thereby developing deep personal relationships between American Express and our Centurion Members.
As a Dedicated Travel Agent, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as a “Travel Master” who can provide expert consultation and advice on top destinations around the world
- Creating memorable travel experiences for our Centurion Members by booking international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements in addition to leisure travel and Lifestyle options
- Developing and managing relationships with travel suppliers and Lifestyle partners to ensure premium Centurion Member experiences
- Being accountable and following up on travel quotes to ensure Centurion Members needs are met
- Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
- Serving as “Destination Concierges” who have up-to-date insider knowledge and secure access to exclusive, local hot-spots.
- Efficient and effective completion of requests around our centurion Member’s true needs and requirements to drive member loyalty and engagement and increase satisfaction
- Crafting memorable experiences through knowledge of destination specific experiences in food and restaurants, exclusive clubs, adventures, concerts and other premium venues
- Gathering and sharing local content through knowledge platforms, and manage relationships with top restaurants and other destinations
- Actively participate in knowledge building opportunities and maintain knowledge in the local cultural events, restaurants, clubs, etc.
- Acting as the expert “feet on the ground” to drive real insights, supporting the Relationship Management servicing.
- Participating with other team members and pro-actively understanding the portfolio in order to anticipate customer needs
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
A minimum of 2 years previous travel-related work experience Travel Industry Experience or Luxury/Premium Customer Service Knowledge and Experience
Deep destination knowledge, complex travel experience and itinerary building
American Express Travel Servicing experience is preferred and
A minimum of 1 year recent experience in a customer facing premium or luxury service industry. Destination Knowledge
Extensive local knowledge with the existing relationships or ability to cultivate deep relationships with local suppliers of exclusive, premium and luxury events, dining and experiences Customer Service and Communication Skills
Our customers have very different requirements so you will need an in depth understanding of the portfolio to be able to confidently match products and services to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
The ability to communicate with your colleagues and customers is vital to your success in this role. It is important to be able to adapt your approach to the your internal and external customer. Your customer interaction will mainly be via e-mail so strong written skills are very important.
Time management skills are vital – due to the multi-tasking nature of the role, you will need to be re-prioritizing your workload regularly in order to meet your deadlines. GDS and Computer Skills
GDS (Sabre) computer reservations experience is preferred.
You must be IT literate as you will need to be able to understand and use Internet search sites and e-mail, in addition to the GDS and other in-house systems. There is a great deal of multi-tasking involved in these roles and your ability to quickly and confidently navigate a number of systems at once will be vital.
Research / information gathering and problem solving skills are essential, you will deal with a wide variety of enquiries so your ability to ‘think on your feet’ and provide in-depth solutions quickly and efficiently is essential. Sales Skills
Sales experience will be beneficial so that you can cross-sell relevant products and services.
Effective consultative selling skills and the ability to understand the customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received.
The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient.
Must have a ‘can-do attitude’, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness.
Willingness to accept frequent feedback and coaching with an openness to incorporate these changes in service style.
Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team and collaborate effectively across multiple business units
Superior attention to detail and accuracy
Reference Number: 15017655