Do you want to work for the fastest growing travel management company in the world and become a member of the Expedia Inc. family, with plenty of room for growth & advancement? Egencia is Expedia’s corporate travel arm and well-known for its outstanding customer service and state of the art proprietary online & mobile technology solutions.
As the Director of Sales, you will responsible for achieving the growth targets for Egencia Australia. This will be achieved by building a team of successful sales professionals. This is a key leadership role that is responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle for Australia, from initial prospecting and market development through to close and implementation. Specifically this role will transform the sales team to constantly drive profitable sales by espousing the value proposition to target client segments with a clear articulation of our strengths and demonstration of our capabilities.
Leadership and people management:
- Manage the sales team & achieve / exceed sales target by monitoring activity, pipeline adequacy, pipeline movement and contract closure
- Allocating appropriate resources to highest-value customers
- Develop sales programs and team incentives in order to drive a winning culture
- Manage the activities and performance of a team of sales professionals on salesforce to meet and exceed regional quotas using effective MI & dashboards to track performance
- Provide coaching, feedback, guidance and direction as needed; ensure direct report managers do the same for their staff.
- Expand best practices across the entire organization.
Stakeholder and relationship management:
- Liaise with internal partners to identify market opportunities for supporting Egencia’s strategy with industry and financial analysts, and the media, as well as to ensure a strong base of reference customers to help in closing business.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to build, maintain and implement business plans to support the sales effort and to ensure product differentiation is maintained for both Australian and globalization efforts.
- Work collaboratively with Account Management and Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Maintain relationships with existing Egencia customers in order to anticipate and plan for emerging customer needs and potential opportunities.
- Develop consultative relationships with decision makers such as Corp Travel Managers, CEOs, CFOs, Directors of Procurement, etc.
Strategy and execution:
- Responsible for contributing to and executing Egencia’s sales strategy at the national level to achieve established revenue targets.
- Support and promote Egencia’s strategy and initiatives
- Developing and executing sales plans
- Executing Egencia’s sales strategy at the national level to achieve established revenue targets.
- Communicate the value of on-line booking, mobile solutions and merchant hotel content in an effort to enhance greater adoption of Egencia’s products and services.
- Develop and implement strategies for Australia which will allow for achievement of sales, revenue and market share targets;
- Initiate strategic sales efforts with national and multi-national business opportunities.
- Negotiate major deals and maintain key customer contacts at senior levels.
- Create, maintain and execute a business plan with goals and objectives for the region based on opportunity, customer needs, and Egencia’s strategic direction.
- Promote and oversee execution of new and enhanced services required to accomplish Egencia’s global business objectives and meet specific customer expectations.
Reporting and analysis:
- Report actual variance to budget, with various analyses and revised projections; provide regular pipeline forecasts and business health checks to senior management.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments which effect target markets; includes maintaining a thorough understanding of the market’s business to ensure the team acquires, penetrates and retains high-value prospects.
- Manage the gathering of market intelligence regarding competitors’ products and sales strategies.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning.
- Strong people leadership and team management experience: hire, train, retain, manage, coach and develop talent
- B2B Sales management
- Knowledge of travel industry & key success factors
- Commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Extensive experience in solution selling and demonstrate the ability to link needs with benefits
- Occasional business travel required
- Manage analytics re pipeline, activity, incentives and target
- Champion of Salesforce
- Experience as a member of country leadership team
- Corporate travel industry experience preferred
- Interested in technology
- Ability to pinpoint problems and quickly coming up with solutions
- Hardworking, self-motivated, dependable