Key Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
- Supervises co-ordinates and takes overall responsibility of the performance of a team of contracted personnel in all areas covering customer services, ticketing, operations, baggage service, ramp and security.
- Responsible for meeting all operational performance goals, profitability and cost control goals.
- Deals with a wide range of problems that may arise from the daily operation, with contractors and other Airline/ Airport authorities.
- Supervision and co-ordination of AA airport staff including all administrative activities such as working schedule, trainings and performance appraisals etc.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and controlling the total station operating budget.
- Responsible for various reports and flow of paperwork.
- Has overall responsibility to maintain the company’s regulations and procedure objectives.
- Oversees contracted staff in the delivery of customer services, ramp and baggage, operations, catering, security, premium services etc.
- Negotiates on behalf of American Airlines with contractors, suppliers and airport authorities.
- Responsible for ensuring American Airlines is presented in the best possible light to airport authorities, other airlines and the public.
- Attends/conducts meetings as necessary both internal and external related to the airport operation.
- Occasionally conducts meetings with service providers such as crew hotel, catering company and ground handling company to ensure their compliance to AA’s procedures/requirements.
- Motivates employees and aligns them with the organizational direction and achievement of station targets/goals.
- Compiles reports on any operational irregularities and present this with suggestions for corrective action to senior management
- Undertakes project work as and when required
Core Competencies & Skills Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the airport operation and the airline industry
- Analytical and computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership skills to guide staff and contractors efficiently and ability to motivate employees
- Ability to be totally responsible, dedicated and committed to the job
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision making ability
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills
- Position requires high flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Good project management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be respectful of opposing views and opinions
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Current Australian driver’s license
Please send your resume in English to American Airlines Pacific HR at Pacific.HR@aa.com and indicate the Reference Number in your email subject. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Reference Number: GM4