Following our successful implementation as sole travel provider for the Whole of Australian Government, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Government Business Manager to support our Canberra team managing our Government and Corporate accounts.
QBT is an Australian-owned Travel Management Company with offices in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth. As experts in simplifying business travel for our clients, we partner with a range of large corporates, small to medium enterprises. In addition to recently, the sole provider of all travel services to the whole of Australian Government.
Reporting to the Regional Manager Sales and Government Relations, you will be responsible for maintaining key business relationships between corporate and government customers and QBT. You will maintain regular contact with your customer portfolio, ensuring they are being serviced in an expert, efficient and value adding manner. In doing so you will analyse traveller reporting data, proactively seek opportunities for customer benefits and manage our customer expectations.
Success in this position will be driven by the ability to maintain strong relationships and rapport, analyse data to identify opportunities and carefully manage customer relationships.
Skills and Experience Required
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Qualifications and/or experience commensurate with a Business or Commerce Degree (highly desirable)
- Proven experience within a similar role commensurate with 3 or more years (essential)
- Travel industry experience is key for this role
- Ability to demonstrate Stakeholder Management capability – this includes internal subject matter experts as well as our clients
- Interpersonal communication skills that would support the ability to tailor messaging to build rapport and trust
- Demonstrated ability to leverage our client needs into value add opportunities
As a member of the Helloworld Group – working at QBT will provide you the opportunity to be part of Australia’s leading integrated travel businesses. The group encompasses travel brands providing franchised retail services, wholesale products, specialist government and corporate business travel and ticket distribution services across eight countries.
To apply please send your CV by close of business Friday, 28 November 2015.
Only successful applicants will be contacted