Key Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
- Responsible for revenue generation and building awareness of AA through strategic sales and promotions with travel agencies, vendors, associations and organizations in Australia & New Zealand.
- Develops a quarterly call plan for prospect and existing channel accounts and builds business relationships to gain long term commitment to AA and the QJB.
- Develops an annual strategic plan for channel accounts in conjunction with Qantas National Account Managers.
- Implements and manages sales strategy and programs with key travel agents and wholesalers to expand market penetration and generate incremental revenue.
- Defines the customer agreement and commitment sought for each call and develop supporting materials and leverages analytic insight to achieve the call objective.
- Penetrates targeted market segments for maximum exposure and revenue generation to build business relationships and gain long term commitments to AA.
- Assesses sales opportunities and utilizes sales resources to maximize AA’s revenue potential
- Makes recommendations concerning local advertising, displays, direct mail, sponsorship, FAM trips and other promotional initiatives to support sales activities for the QJB and the broader AA network.
- Together with Account Managers and Sales Manager, manages any customer tender process when required, negotiating where relevant and implementing contractual requirements as per market conditions and customer specifications.
- Effective use of AA management information reporting systems, producing ad hoc reports or analysis when needed.
- Prepares sales statistics and reports of local market to Sales Manager and share with peers regularly.
- Submits recommendations of measures to maximize sales productivity as well as effective use of allocated sales resources.
- Maintains and develops new business relationships with key agencies and other non-agency accounts or organizations to gain long-term commitments to AA and the QJB.
- Develops the business plans for the targeted agencies, niche segments or organizations.
- Participates in business functions and meetings of the travel industry on behalf of AA, and represents the Sales Manager when designated.
- Develops agency sales with focus on premium revenue.
- Reviews and analyzes various sales performances and forecast reports and assesses revenue opportunities. Identifies areas in need of improvement and propose actions in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with sales support to ensure all contractual requirements are met and the contact details for key customers are up to date.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as required and supports sales promotions, customer events, marketing activities, etc.
Core Competencies & Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge of the Australian & New Zealand travel industry
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing channel account sales and marketing programs to drive improved revenue outcomes
- Previous experience in sales, thorough knowledge of AA and QF product and destinations
- Able to build strategic partnerships and exceptional relationships with channel and corporate accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organization / planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude
- Able to demonstrate effective communication skills and team work with Pacific and HDQ co-workers
- Position requires high flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office functionality
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside business hours and at weekends as required
- Current Australian driver’s license
Please send your resume in English to American Airlines Pacific HR By clicking apply now and indicate the Reference Number in your email subject. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Reference Number: IAM23