Royal Caribbean Cruises is one of the world’s leading cruise companies with five brands in its portfolio, including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises. We are one of the world’s largest and most innovative cruise companies.
We are seeking energetic and self-motivated Inside Sales Coordinators to support the Australian Sales Team in the co-ordination and execution of all sales activities relating to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises. To be successful in the role you must be a proactive team member who is willing to get involved and help at any job that comes to hand. This may include:
- The production and distribution of communications to the trade and assisting with the planning and set up of conferences.
- Answering calls, meeting & greeting customers and attending to their enquiries.
- Customer service – handling general sales enquiries on all products offered
- Answering travel agent general enquiries regarding product, condition of sales, policies, etc.
- Organising luncheons, ship walkarounds, ship inspections; including invitations, RSVPs, running order, ship communication, security/check-in at pier and general running of event.
- Organising travel agent training and launch events; including venue management and coordination, invitations, RSVPs, running order and general running of event.
- Facilitating travel and trade show participation; including confirmation of attendance, stand requirements, organising the delivery of materials and attendance to support the Sales Managers.
- Organising travel agent familiarisations and educationals.
- Providing local area advertising support under direction of the Sales Managers.
- Following up customer relations enquiries on behalf of the Sales Managers and travel agents.
- Arranging window displays under direction of Sales Manager
- Set up and maintenance of agent records in our system.
- Maintaining agent records/status with our brochure distribution supplier.
- Facilitating additional brochures and promotional materials when requested.
- Arranging Sales Team travel and accommodation.
- Assisting in the coordination of company corporate events such as inaugural events.
It is essential that you have at least 1 – 2 years experience in a retail travel consulting business or a working knowledge of the travel industry business having experience in a sales administrative/operations support role. You must have a passion for travel products and for customer service, with a strong focus on client relationships and building rapport over the phone with key stakeholders including travel agents and the sales team.
You must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Able to work independently and at times without direction (self-motivated)
- Service focused with a superb telephone manner.
- Experience with a reservation system will be highly regarded.
- Prior cruise industry experience is an advantage.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment, can use your initiative under pressure and can deliver exceptional customer service, this could be the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants that meet the selection criteria will be responded to.