Key Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
- Supervises flight/passenger handling activities at SYD Airport to ensure that all functions are completed in accordance with American Airlines standards and procedures. Lead and supervise the various contractors’ teams and agents.
- Adapts and executes various leadership and “hands on” functions as the operational needs deem appropriate with flexibility of working overtime on short notice.
- Disseminates new procedures/rules and provide technical leadership to airport agents as appropriate. Provides reliable technical and procedural support to airport agents through ad hoc employee enquiries, regular employee meetings and any applicable training sessions. Takes charge of overseeing required trainings for contract agents and ensures trainings are completed on time without failure.
- Co-ordinates and assigns airport agents/contractor agents’ responsibilities in event of flight irregularities or Off-Schedule Operations (OSO). Makes timely decisions, gives clear guidance, and coordinates the entire operations to minimize impact.
- Communicates across various departments including SOC, BNE RES, IRM and Airport Authorities to ensure that every flight or customer related irregularity is addressed timely and handled appropriately.
- Manages daily agent assignments including co-ordination of overtime requests, vacation and work schedule changes to ensure efficiency and productivity are maintained.
- Produces or completes ad hoc reports requested by the General Manager or his/her deputy.
- Constantly reviews operational procedures, identifies areas of improvement, and proactively presents recommendations to the General Manager.
- Commits to job roles as assigned on the shift roster or tasks assigned by the General Manager or the Company. For example, a lead agent can be a bag handling agent, a gate agent, a premium customer service agent, a check-in agent, an ISC or a LSA at any given time as required by the operation. In other words, being cross-functional at all times is a must.
- Implements TSA Security Directives and Int’l Security Program procedures.
- Accept trainings relating, but not limited to customer services, security, flight operations, management skills, etc.
- Monitors and ensures screening and searches of all passengers, baggage, cargo and aircraft cabin is conducted in compliance with the measures set forth in AOSSP, ISP and TSA Security Directives.
- Challenges and profiles passengers who have suspicious signs and takes appropriate actions.
- Interfaces with pilot in command regarding the security of the flight and notifies unusual or irregular activities if any.
- Trains and supervises contracted security personnel who perform aircraft cabin search in the aircraft. Periodically monitors and trains catering search agents at the catering facility.
- Checks every arrival/departure flight data and information to prepare for special requirements related to the security.
- Administers all security directives and information and disseminates it to all people concerned as appropriate.
- Identifies problem areas and reports to GM for his/her review and makes recommendations for changes as necessary.
- Handles claims and problems related to the security operations and makes periodical reports to GM.
- Is able to conduct business travel as required by the company and exhibit flexibility in length of trip domestically & internationally.
Core Competencies & Skills Required:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all airport functions, AOSSP, ISP, TSA Security Directives and Information Circular
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal as well as leadership skills
- Communicates effectively with all levels of external and internal customers
- Has strong computer skills including a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office functionality
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Demonstrates organizational ability and is capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- SABRE and Quantum environment skills will be an advantage
- Must be a team player with strong commitment to customer services as well as to the highest degree of business ethics
- Must be adaptable to working hours, be it long term or short term, including weekends and national holidays.
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Must be dedicated and committed to the job
Please send your resume in English to American Airlines Pacific HR by clicking apply now and indicate the Reference Number in your email subject. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Reference Number: LACS42L