Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com (Australia) Pty Ltd, one of the support companies in Australia, is looking for a Manager Strategic Partnership for Australia & New Zealand.
Strategic partners are an essential part of Booking.com BV’s business – and help Booking.com BV to reach new customers across multiple markets.
We’re seeking a seasoned Manager Strategic Partnerships for Australia and New Zealand to provide support to Booking.com BV in developing innovative, impactful partnerships throughout the region.
Your market knowledge combined with your experienced commercial and communication skills, together with analytical abilities, will enable you to support building and maintaining impactful long-term partnerships, primarily with new partners.
The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor – comfortable working independently, whilst taking direction from overseas management.
This role will be based in Sydney and will be reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships APAC based in Singapore.
- Support Booking.com BV in the research, identification and prioritization of partnership opportunities with websites/mobile platforms based primarily in Australia and New Zealand to generate qualified traffic from those partners’ strong brand and installed customer base to the Booking.com website;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Manage all processes leading up to provide support to Booking.com BV in finalizing its distribution deals (i.e. lead generation, prospecting, establishing first contact, meetings, contract, integration and follow up);
- Build and maintain a professional network within the web industry throughout the region;
- Ensure that Booking.com BV participates in all relevant tender processes (RFPs etc) and either to manage or participate in the response process as required;
- Proactively support the business and report to the regional leadership; and
- Monitor, research and report findings on market developments in the regional market.
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
- Provide support in maintaining and developing successful business partnerships with Booking.com BV’s regional partners and manage all aspects of partner interactions;
- Monitor the success of each account and manage client relationships by advising on Booking.com’s products and services; and
- Attend travel conferences to increase your network and partnership opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in business development / strategic partnership within the e-commerce space, with a strong track record of establishing and implementing such partnerships;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; other language skills are desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of the travel and e-commerce industry;
- Good business network in Australia and New Zealand with a strong ambition to keep expanding this network;
- Business, marketing or other relevant (academic) degree;
- Commercial focus, results oriented and an outstanding relationship builder;
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Excellent communication, negotiation & reporting skills;
- Available to travel 50% of the time.