American Airlines is looking to appoint a talented Marketing Manager for their Sydney office.
To drive awareness of American Airlines and improve customer perceptions in Australia & New Zealand through a program of integrated marketing initiatives.
This position is a pivotal role in the International Marketing team, ensuring global consistency but local relevancy of communications to effectively engage with audiences in the region.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Advertising copy development and adaptation, in conjunction with global creative development, internal teams and our creative agency.
· To take responsibility for owned channels content, working with head office and regional office teams.
· Tactical campaign development to drive direct revenue to AA.com, working with our joint business partner, Qantas.
· Recommendation and implementation of online media strategy working with our media agency partner.
· Manage AU/NZ email communications, – eSummary content coordination and submission, eSolo content.
· To identify and develop sponsorship and partnership agreements that help raise the profile of American in the region.
· Identify and recommend social media opportunities that drive brand engagement in the region (working with the head office-based social media team).
·Work with the Regional Sales team, supporting customer events and B2B marketing; ensuring accurate communication of product, service, initiative updates to customers/stakeholders.
·To work with promotional partners, where relevant, to add value and differentiate.
· Oversee new route launch events in the region, working with airport teams, premium services and relevant head office teams.
· Provide regional support for Premium Services marketing, including Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge initiatives.
· To ensure adherence to brand guidelines and communications templates in conjunction with head office teams.
· Become point person in crisis and emergency response procedures, holding responsibility for contact lists and action standards.
· To manage third party suppliers and agencies.
· Effective budget management and timely reconciliation of spending.
· To report on activity in the region to key stakeholders in the commercial organization.
· Manage multiple projects across the Asia Pacific region as necessary.
· Degree level education or equivalent
· Prior marketing or advertising experience
· Strong copywriting skills
· Understanding of AUS/NZL promotional law
· Understanding of data protection and privacy laws
· Understanding of the web production process, online performance & analysis
· Proven experience working with external partners, managing complex relationships
· Previous experience managing events and coordinating activity with a large group of people
· Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, with attention to detail
· Ability to participate in out of hours activities and travel overseas
· Fluency in English
· Good presentation skills
· Marketing or Business degree
· Travel industry marketing experience
· Knowledge of Asian languages – Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese or Korean
Please send your resume in English to American Airlines Pacific HR by clicking apply now
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.