Key Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
- Develops strategies for identified business opportunities and coordinates with relevant colleagues and department for implementation. Monitors the progress after implementation and analyzes results.
- Partners with Qantas National Account Managers in the Agency Partnerships team to develop, implement and manage strategic partnership programs with key trade partners to drive revenue growth and awareness both for QJB routes and the broader AA global network.
- Targets accounts based on potential, likely profitability and probability of success and prioritize time on the opportunities to maximize results. Maintains a sales funnel with opportunities to maximize productivity over the course of the year.
- Understands the account segmentation strategy and customer profiles. Engage customers in discussion/diagnosis of account business needs (both known and unknown). Documents and validates customer needs prior to presenting solutions.
- Engages and leverages service and support channels within AA while personally providing the appropriate level of service. Collaborates with account services and support to identify new opportunities and needs.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions on corporate programs, sales programs, strategies, or initiatives to Sales Manager for review. Coordinates and follows up on sales programs, strategy and initiative with a result analysis after implementation.
- Justify price and prevent customer from seeing AA’s offering as interchangeable with competitors. Understands the price/value relationship of each component in an offering. Effectively closes deals while ensuring mutual value.
- Coordinates/implements e-commerce promotion/sales activities/initiatives with aa.com and online travel agents (OTAs) contributing to the overall revenue and share targets
- Enforces a performance review process to evaluate sales programs, business initiatives, and strategies. Ensures that sales teams in the territory are updated on performance and that review processes are in place to understand local performance, pricing and market conditions, focusing on driving revenue and share
- Assists the Sales Manager with all commercial activities inclusive of, but not limited to, strategic planning, account development, performance analysis, initiative development and implementation, internal and external coordination
Core Competencies & Skills Required:
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing channel account sales and marketing programs to drive improved revenue outcomes at a national level
- Able to build strategic partnerships and exceptional relationships with channel and corporate accounts
- Ability to accurately diagnose known and unknown account business needs and translate them into opportunities and appropriate offerings
- Strong knowledge of the Australian & New Zealand travel industry
- Strong understanding of business commercial acumen, including the ability to strategically solve complex issues
- Strong negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proven creative problem solving, with strong organization, planning, analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Self-motivated, and possesses a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside business hours and at weekends as required
- Strong computer skills including a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office functionalities
- Current Australian driver’s license
Please send your resume in English to American Airlines Pacific HR by clicking apply now and indicate the Reference Number in your email subject. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Reference Number: NAM3