Position Based: Sydney, Australia
Responsible For: 8 Direct Reports
Employment Conditions: 5 Year Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the General Manager, SW Pacific, the Sales & Marketing Manager (Australia) role is a strategic function that must reconcile broad market and industry business intelligence with annual Sales & Marketing objectives and the revenue efforts of five external Business Development teams, Sales Planning/Pricing, Direct Sales team and Marketing team.
Apart from providing strategic leadership from an internal perspective, this role must also cultivate relationships across the business (including external relationships). Therefore it is critical to ensure that the business objectives from global, regional and local perspectives are clearly understood, interpreted and reconciled before being communicated to the relevant parties.
All strategic decisions relating to the Sales and Marketing effort are the responsibility of this role. Therefore the ultimate outcome must be to not only facilitate the achievement of top line revenue performance and market share objectives but to do so within the cost parameters.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Minimum 10 years in a senior management sales and/or marketing role
- Must possess high level analytical skills
- Impassioned advocate of strategic planning and innovative thinking
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Proven success in leadership, people management and development, mentoring and team building skills, and change management
- Proven record of producing results and consistently meeting or exceeding business goals
- Understanding of local environment and appreciation of the related sales channels would be an advantage
- Tertiary qualifications in business or related discipline
- Airline or related industry experience would be an advantage
- Comfortable to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven aptitude in multitasking
- Willingness to travel
Applications for this position close on Tuesday 28 July 2015.
Interested applicants who can demonstrate the above qualifications and experiences should send their CV and covering letter to
- Manager, People Department Australia; Lynn Schey
- Advisor, People Department Australia; Angela Borst
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.