An opportunity now exists for a dedicated Travel Account Manager to be based out of our Australian Head Office in Mascot. This field based role will focus on growing and developing new Travel Agency business, with the goal of growing Avis and Budget’s revenue and increasing its market share. This role will also be responsible for managing an existing portfolio of accounts whilst ensuring they remain profitable.
- The identification, pursuit and acquisition of profitable new Travel Agency business
- The management, further development and retention of existing profitable Avis and Budget Travel Agency and Industry accounts
- Accurate recording of sales information
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales strategies and tactics for improving Avis and Budget’s share of Travel Agency business, including business sourced from Travel Management Companies
- Work closely with the Company and their Franchisees to recognise and capitalise on joint opportunities.
To be successful you will:
- Have excellent knowledge of the travel industry with experience as a travel agent, travel consultant or similar
- Have experience using Global Distribution Systems or similar travel industry systems
- Feel confident building relationships with a variety of people and positions
- Have a passion for customer service
- Enjoy developing business for new and existing customers and be prepared to approach new business or network to develop your connections.
- Have well developed business acquisition skills and the ability to implement accounts
- Have initiative, good planning and organisational skills, the ability to competently handle multiple tasks and be able to work autonomously
- Be highly motivated and have a positive “can do” attitude
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be confident with your negotiation skills
- Bring your upbeat personality and professionalism to assist you in becoming a valued team member
- A knowledge and understanding of the car rental industry will be looked upon favourably.
In return, the Company offers a competitive salary package including incentives and a fully maintained car with fuel card and other employee benefits. Alongside this is an excellent learning and development culture through both in-house and further external courses.
Avis and Budget are leading global providers of vehicle rental services, with more than 10,000 rental locations in approximately 175 countries around the world. Avis and Budget strive to create a Customer Led, Service Driven culture, delivering exceptional service not only to our customers but to our valued employees as well.
Reference Number: TravelAccMgrMascot