TravelManagers’ Exclusive Famil Flies Qantas A380 to Los Angeles
November 12, 2012
– TravelManagers’ Personal Travel Managers have benefitted from two exclusive A380 familisation tours to Singapore in May and more recently to Los Angeles. Qantas provided the flights to and from Los Angeles enabling the personal travel managers the perfect opportunity to experience the A380 aircraft. TravelManagers is renowned for the emphasis it places on education with this exclusive trip to America being its fourth for 2012 and its fourteenth since TravelManagers began its dedicated TravelManagers only Famils in October 2009.
Land arrangements were arranged by Gate 7, the Australian representative for California Tourism and the Las Vegas Visitors Bureau. Melanie Mayer from Gate 7 and Karen Dowling from TravelManagers’ Business Partnership Manager Queensland also attended. Eight personal travel managers departed on 4 September, returning inspired and informed on the 17 September.
Dowling says the attention to detail for the trip was extensive.
“Gate 7 was an incredible host, the itinerary was very well thought out enabling our personal travel managers to experience self-driving and an insight into how fantastic the desert of Palm Springs is as a holiday destination. Qantas continue to be very generous to TravelManagers with a second exclusive chance to travel on the new A380, in total comfort and luxury.”
Representative for Montrose, Victoria, Di Yates has benefitted from a number of TravelManagers exclusive trips. Yates says they provide insight and a level of detail which is hugely beneficial for her clients.
“The supplier relationships TravelManagers have are worth their weight in gold. We are often treated to exclusive opportunities, which enable me as a personal travel manager to ask a number of questions and access detail I wouldn’t normally be able to. It gives me huge confidence in knowing what product to recommend to which client, ensuring the fit is right and the experience always exceeds expectations.”
Representative for Bathurst, New South Wales, John Gartner says the trip made him think about Palm Springs in a different way.
“It’s easy to stereotype Palm Springs for somewhere retired people might hang out but it has so much to offer. The Living Desert Zoo was not only educational but fascinating. We were able to see the wildlife, including cheetahs, leopards and golden eagles, up close and enjoy over 1,200 acres of botanical gardens, which is protected. I thoroughly enjoyed the jeep tour of the San Andres Fault Line, it was just brilliant.”
Of course the golf courses and wide range of stunning accommodation options in Palm Springs were also on offer to the person travel managers.
Details of the six personal travel manager participants are:
• Di Yates – representative for Montrose, Victoria
• Fiona Perry – representative for Nelson Bay, New South Wales
• Irena Bryant – representative for North Epping, New South Wales
• John Gartner – representative for Bathurst, New South Wales
• John Gazal – representative for Roseville, New South Wales
• Lyn Tyson – representative for Pymble, New South Wales
• Marietta Mandl – representative for Hillarys, Western Australia
• Sarena Taylor – representative for Green Point, New South Wales
Cruising the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. From Left to right: back row – Fiona Perry (pink), Karen Dowling, Sarena Taylor , John Gartner, Lyn Tyson, Melanie Mayer, Di Yates, Irena Bryant and middle front – John Gazal