- Part-time (3 days per week)
- Fixed term contract to 30 June 2024
- Located in Sydney CBD
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced trainer to join our Aussie Specialist Program (ASP) and conduct all the face-to-face and online (e.g. webinar) training for qualified ASP agents, and also work with recruiting new agents to register for the program. This role is responsible for the implementation of retail/distribution sales training programs (general destination, inductions, multi-state campaign support etc.) on behalf of Tourism Australia and the State & Territory Tourism Organisations (STOs).
The Aussie Specialist Program is a key pillar of Tourism Australia’s Distribution Strategy. The platform is a partnership between TA and all 8 State & Territory Tourism Organisations (STOs).
Our Behaviours …
We think big and without borders… We have a proud history of doing innovative and ground-breaking work. And we’re not done yet.
We make each other better… We’re one team. We value diversity and listen to all opinions before aligning on the best way forward, but robust discussion makes our work stronger.
We do the right thing… We are respectful of communities, cultures, and the earth we all inhabit, and take our responsibility to care for all three seriously.
We only do work that makes a difference… There’s so much we can do, and want to do, but we focus on the things that will add the most value to our industry.
We’re obsessed with telling the Australian story… We’re passionate about Australia, her land, nature, people, and culture. And we’re proud of our role in sharing her story with the world.
With drive, motivation and energy, you will be responsible for delivering on the following:
- Develop and deliver innovative and interactive training presentations (including general destination training, induction training, consumer shows, general Australia famils and multi-state campaign support) to achieve agreed targets, including: Presentations, Workshops and Webinars.
- Manage the Webinar program – conduct training or host partners.
- Develop a training plan for the market including agreed targets for number of trainees, sessions presented and familiarisation trips escorted. This role will have face-to-face contact with trainees.
- Maintain a rolling monthly in advance up-to-date training calendar to be shared with STOs.
- Work with the STOs and Distribution Development team in market to review core training programs twice yearly against training plan.
- Drive recruitment of new ASP agents at events and support engagement of the site by qualified ASP agents.
- Complete weekly summary of key training activity for email distribution and provide monthly reports on activities and insights from those trained.
- Develop client feedback programme and oversee qualitative research.
- Manage allocated ASP budget.
- Work with partners to identify top sellers agents.
To deliver on the above, your resume will demonstrate the following:
- Australian destination and product knowledge essential
- Excellent English language skills (reading/writing and oral/aural)
- Sound computer skills including Word, Excel
- Create and deliver engaging face to face training presentations
- Develop relationships with distribution partners
- Superior knowledge of presentation programs e.g. PowerPoint
- Sound understanding of customer service and marketing principles
- Effectively manage events, including all associated logistics
So what are you waiting for?
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 3rd July.