Job Description: Reporting to the Area Manager, South West Pacific, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting all of IATA’s activities and monitoring and reporting on aeropolitical, economic and commercial developments, taking or recommending actions that are consistent with IATA’s policies and objectives, and implementing IATA’s Campaigns.
- Support the Area Manager, South West Pacific and other team members in researching and preparing documentation, papers and presentations, for campaigns, sales activities and industry meetings, as needed;
- Support the Area Manager in advocating industry positions to national governments and regulatory authorities;
- Monitor the markets, selected customer profiles, competition trends and behaviours;
- Maintain a database of air transport regulatory and policy initiatives and of contacts among government representatives, airline representatives and all other relevant agencies;
- Ensure all team members are informed of priorities, distributing information as appropriate;
- Track and report on IATA’s progress in addressing airline needs and priorities; and
- Manage any administrative / compliance matters in the office and fulfill any central reporting functions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in business administration, economics or another relevant discipline;
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience with at least 3 years in research and development or sales;
- Aviation industry background would be an asset;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with the ability to work in complex cross-cultural environments;
- Excellent PC skills, particularity with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and MS Project, as well as familiarity with databases and a CRM tool such as Salesforce.com; and
- Fluency in English.
Interested applicants, please apply directly to job
ID 8767 on the IATA Careers page at