Fiji Airways is looking to recruit an experienced and passionate individual who will support the RGM Australia & Pacific Islands in the day to day management of activities in Australia and achieving Point of Sale Revenue objectives by driving Australia Sales.
The successful incumbent will also make recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and lead market and tactical sales plans that will ensure quality and customer service standards, resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends and determine sale improvements and implement changes where necessary.
• Manages the Australia sales team, develops business plans, oversees sales, revenue, and expense controls, meets agreed upon targets, and promotes the company’s presence at all times.
• Supervise and mentor the NSW, QLD, and VIC Business Development Managers and help identify new customer possibilities and maintain relationships with key customers.
• Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, and advising RGMAU & PI on how to maximize business partnerships and create an environment where customer service may thrive.
• Make pricing recommendations and support them to increase sales activity on underperforming routes.
• Set sales goals for individual sales reps and sales teams as a whole and support RGMAU & PI in forecasting annual cost budgets.
• Develop regional trade objectives, priorities, strategies and resource requirements for yearly and 3-year Strategic Plan.
• Assist with the design and implementation of a cost effective marketing mix that align with trade activities.
• Manage trade partnerships within Australia and coordinate relevant industry engagement activities including:
Trade partner marketing agreements and engagement strategies including campaign benchmarks and measurement matrix;
Monitoring of marketing activities to ensure ROI (return on investment);
• Report to RGMAU & PI on a regular basis and evaluate the effectiveness of approved commercial partnership activities by providing market information, trends, competitor activities and more.
• Regularly interact with major market players, major national and local travel associations, airlines, wholesalers, and other online travel agencies.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Degree in Sales/Marketing/Business Studies or a relevant field.
• Competency in MS Office Suite applications.
• Knowledge of the market trends in Australia including niche markets.
• Demonstrated capacity to liaise with industry, to implement identified marketing and development initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement project plans, set goals and analyze outcomes.
• Demonstrated negotiation and communication skills and manage conflicting priorities.
• Self-starter with initiative, passion and enthusiasm inquisitive mind and a ‘go getter’ personality.
• Sound management and leadership skills with the ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail.
• High level of research and analytical skills and ability to understand and analyze market trends.
• Financial analysis and budgeting skills.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation skills with the ability to write accurate activity reports.
• At least 5 years’ experience in Sales/Marketing field is required and 2 years’ experience in Supervising/Managing teams.
• Establish strong rapport, networks and relationships with customers and stakeholders.
• Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment to deliver exceptional and timely service.
• Strong background knowledge of the Tourism and Airline industry.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas through a range of media to various audiences, internally and externally.
• The ability to influence others, to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
Applications close on Sunday, 19th June 2022.