Further to our email late yesterday we wish to clarify that based on the current travel restrictions imposed by the Fiji Government last night, that the suspension of our operations will at this stage will be for all departures until 14 April 2020 and we anticipate resuming sailings from Friday 16 April 2020.
We will review our ability to operate services again on Monday the 23rd of March in line with the Fiji Governments policy review date (unless the situation changes prior to this).
We request that you kindly make contact with any customers travelling in the next month and advise them of this new travel restriction and the temporary suspension of our services.
Options for our customers
- Funds currently held for any customers who were due to travel and are now effected by this suspension will be held in credit and will be available for them to use in full for travel any time up until 31 March 2022.
- Any other pre-booked guests who are confirmed to travel with us on any Blue Lagoon Cruise departure for the remainder of 2020 or across the first half 2021 can choose to postpone their cruise at any time up until 72 hours prior to departure without incurring any cancellation or amendment fees. Bookings will still be invoiced as per the departure date confirmed at time of booking however your customers will be able to amend their departure date an unlimited amount of times for travel up until, and including departures on the 31 March 2022. Dates changes will of course be confirmed subject to availability.
- In addition, any client who books a Blue Lagoon Cruise between now and the 30th of June 2020 will also be able to postpone their cruise up to 72 hours before departure, without incurring any cancellation or amendment fees. They too will be able to defer their travel up until, and including departures on the 31 March 2022 subject to availability.
Should your customers choose for whatever reason to completely cancel their booking and not postpone to a later travel date then all normal cancellation fees will apply. These are:
- Cancellation fees: All cancellations must be in writing to Blue Lagoon Cruises, and the timing shall be based on the day of receipt of such notification by Blue Lagoon Cruises
- More than 60 days prior to departure Forfeit 10% deposit (unless transferring date)
- 31 to 60 days prior to departure Forfeit 60% of applicable fare
- 0 to 30 days prior to departure Forfeit 100% of applicable fare
- Bookings made on the Earlybird Savings (ADV25-BLC) are fully non refundable once confirmed
We’ve made these decisions in response to the evolving Coronavirus situation, including various government-imposed travel restrictions beyond our control and will provide updates as soon as we receive them.
General Manager – Global Sales
M: +64 21 918 240